Who We Are
The purpose of the Friends of the Ballston Spa Public Library is to enhance the library collections and programs, and to promote the overall services of the library to the community through volunteering and fundraising.
The Friends of the Ballston Spa Public Library (FOBSPL) began in September 1998 when a small group of library lovers joined together for the purpose of enhancing library services.
We have an annual meeting in January and currently we meet on the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the community room of our library.
EVERYONE NEEDS A FRIEND……EVEN LIBRARIES.
The Friends of the Ballston Spa Public Library (FOBSPL) is a non-profit tax exempt 501(c)3 organization that believes a strong library is vital to our community. Our cherished Library is the most visited public space in the Village. The FOBSPL has designated all donations made to us from Dec. 2022 forward to support the Library’s Capital Campaign, which will be used to implement the improvements outlined in the Library’s Master Plan.
How We Have Helped in 2022
* Sponsored community programming i.e. Dan Berggren – Original and Traditional Folk Music concert, Explore Foraging with speaker Anne Best, and Black History Month program on Women in the Civil Rights Movement with Winston Grady-Willis, Skidmore professor.
* Co-sponsored an Annual Appeal letter for the Capital Campaign and kick-off efforts
* Help with book sales and other events
How You Can Help?
* Offer your time and talents!
* To become a member download/complete the application in our brochure, remove and return it to us at the library.
Benefits of Being a Friend in 2023
* Ability to actively participate in FOBSPL activities and programs and to cast a vote at meetings on business and motions.
* Ability to vote in elections for the FOBSPL Board of Directors.
* Ten percent discount at any special program presented by the Friends for which there is a fee.
* One free item at any periodic Ballston Spa Public Library book sale.
* Ten percent discount at the Lyrical Ballad Bookstore (7 Phila St. in Saratoga Springs) seller of fine older titles.
* Up to $5 per year in either black and white or color copying services at the Ballston Spa Public Library.
* Valid with presentation of current Friends of the Ballston Spa Public Library membership card.
Current Board of Directors
Christine M. Fitzpatrick, President
Danielle Thomson, Vice-President
Meredith Tower, Treasurer
Pat Burnham, Mandy Rider, and Trudy Castillo – Member Representatives
For more FOL information only please contact:
For any other library information including hours, fines and any other library related information please call (518) 885-5022 or email: email@example.com